An exciting opportunity waits for a Resource Manager who is ready for their next adventure!
Global Wind Service is a leading supplier of manpower for wind turbine installation and servicing, with offices located in 10 countries and around 1,000 technicians working across the globe.
Our business is dynamic, fast-paced, flexible and adaptable to our clients’ needs in order to deliver excellent service and results.
FOCUS ON PEOPLE
At GWS our employees play an integral role in our vision for the future and in achieving our goal to be the preferred partner for complete wind turbine services.
GWS has a strong team culture and we are always looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking to appoint a Resource Manager in our UK or Polish business unit (please note no relocation package is available). This role will be based in our Lowestoft or Szczecin office and
will be responsible for all aspects of line management and resource planning of Wind Turbine Technicians employed by GWS, working on projects across the globe. We are looking for a candidate that
is self-motivated, with the ability to multitask and work under pressure, with excellent decision making and communication skills, with a proven ability to line-manage individuals ideally with experience
within the wind or oil/gas industry.
TYPICAL DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Developing the safety culture within GWS
- Compliance with client contracts and obligations
- Maintain project related documentation and work approvals in countries of operation
- Approval of working hours and expenses for Technicians
- Visa applications for Technicians
- Line management of Technicians including Subcontractors
- Maintain regular contact with Technicians, including performance management, feedback,
pay reviews and performing annual dialogues regarding development
- Reconciliation of expenses including travel costs
- Monthly reporting on KPI’s
- Maintain paper and electronic documentation regarding Technicians
- Lead actions in line with company policy in relation to disciplinary processes
- Resolve operational and people issues
- Authorisation of holiday requests in line with project requirements and company policy
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced
- Communicate assignment and project information to Technicians
- Optimisation of resource allocation and monitoring Technician availability
- Participate in the recruitment of new Technicians & subcontractors
- Monitor technicians PPE
- Conduct site visit
- Evaluate & maintain technicians qualifications (training)
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS IN THE ROLE
- Previous line management experience within the wind or oil/gas industry
- Excellent decision-making skills, with the ability to make decisions under pressure
- Ability to deal with difficult and complex situations and to find resolutions
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels within the business
- Man-planning skills and experience
- Very good understanding of IT systems, including Excel
- Flexible and able to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-motivate and manage own workload
- Excellent organisational, multitasking and prioritisation skills
- Highly motivated, driven to deliver highest standard of service
- Team player
- Costs reconciliation experience
- Recruitment experience
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic,
high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector.
We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
- An opportunity to work with a leading supplier of manpower in wind industry.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Global career progression prospects.
- Your happiness and your well-being are a priority.
Joining GWS will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organisation.
SAME CHANCE FOR EVERYONE:
GWS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
If you believe you are the perfect fit for our team, then we would love to hear from you!
We invite you to apply now by clicking the “Apply for this job” tab to submit your application!
Please include your resume outlining your relevant and previous work history, along with any licences and qualifications applicable to the role.
We are looking forward to your application and wish you lots of success!