An exciting opportunity awaits for an experienced Resource Manager who is ready for their next adventure!
Global Wind Service is a leading supplier of manpower for wind turbine installation and servicing, with offices located in 10 countries and over 1,000 technicians working across the globe.
Our business is dynamic, fast-paced, flexible and adaptable to our clients’ needs in order to deliver excellent service and results.
FOCUS ON PEOPLE
At GWS our employees play an integral role in our vision for the future and in achieving our goal to be the preferred partner for complete wind turbine services.
GWS has a strong team culture and we are always looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are currently looking to hire a Resource Manager in our US business unit.
This role will be based in our Carrollton, Texas office and will be responsible for resource planning of line management and wind turbine technicians, employed by GWS and working on projects across the United States.
We are looking for a candidate that is self-motivated, with the ability to multitask and work under pressure, with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to lead team members, ideally with experience within the wind or similar industry.
TYPICAL DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Staff projects appropriately based on skills and experience needed, in conjunction with project managers
- Learn and exemplify the safety culture within GWS
- Review and approve time and per diem submissions from technicians
- Line management of technicians including subcontractors
- Maintain regular contact with technicians, including performance management, feedback, pay reviews and annual professional development discussions
- Reconciliation of expenses including travel costs
- Monthly reporting on KPI’s
- Maintain paper and electronic documentation regarding technicians
- Review and approve holiday requests in line with project requirements and company policy
- Ensure projects are adequately resourced in cooperation with project manager
- Communicate assignment and project information with technicians
- Optimization of resource allocation and monitoring technician availability
- Participate in the recruitment of new technicians & subcontractors
- Monitor technicians work clothes and PPE assignments
- Conduct site visits
- Evaluate and maintain records of technicians’ qualifications & certifications
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS IN THE ROLE
- Previous line management experience within the wind or similar industry
- Excellent communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels within the business
- 3 years of resource planning experience preferred
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, including Excel
- Flexible and able to work within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to self-motivate and manage own workload
- Available to travel approx. 20%
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Highly motivated, driven to deliver highest standard of service
- Team player attitude
- Costs reconciliation experience
- At least 1 year of recruiting experience
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
- An opportunity to work with a leading supplier of manpower in wind industry.
- Competitive remuneration.
- Global career progression prospects.
- Your happiness and your well-being are a priority.
Joining GWS will embark you on a great journey with career development in a global organization.
SAME CHANCE FOR EVERYONE:
GWS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and in accordance with all federal and local laws.
If you believe you are the perfect fit for our team, then we would love to hear from you!
We invite you to apply now by clicking the “Apply for this job” tab to submit your application!
Please include your resume outlining your relevant and previous work history, along with any licenses and qualifications applicable to the role.
We look forward to receiving your application and wish you lots of success!